Self, that is a lovely idea! But what to give away? A quick ponder up to the heavens:
Oh right! Those fois bois* table numbers I've been meaning to make because I love the Martha Stewart Macy*s brochure with the fois bois cover I got while I was planning my wedding 3 years ago and finally decided that would be a good idea for table numbers and wrote it on my chalkboard ceilings to remind myself over three months ago but hadn't done anything with until my new custom bride mentioned her wedding was going to take place under an oak tree and found some lovely fois bois making it so much easier for me to make actual table numbers today!
I made 7 different colors all with table numbers 1-12 (and named them increasingly silly names): [row 1] gray, marigold, red, [row 2] moss, sky blue, stained and [row 3] raw.
Click each of the color names above to download your very own copy. The files are all about 14MB so they may take a couple of minutes to download.
If you still need more:
- Subway is giving out free cookies,
- PF Chang's is offering a 15% discount on your meal tonight,
- buy a coffee at Dunkin Donuts today and get a free donut,
- Walgreens is offering 15 free 4x6 prints (enter coupon code TAXDAY at W Photo check out on April 15, 2008 only),
- board games are 10% off today at Troll and Toad,
- McCormick & Schmick's is offering diners a $10.40 certificate for future use and there'll be $15 to $20 entrees discounted to $10.40,
- MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery will give away single-scoop servings to customers at 200 stores,
- Cinnabon will give out Tax Day Bites, free bite-size cinnamon rolls usually known as Classic Bites (from 5 to 8 p.m.),
- T.G.I. Friday's will give Wednesday customers $5 Bonus Bites gift cards for food and beverage purchases of $15 to $25 and $10 cards for those who spend more than $25 as well as members of the 1,000-outlet chain's frequent-customer program also will get double points,
- (for those West Coast readers) Taco Del Mar will run a promotion: "Taxes Suck. Tacos Don't." People can register at the Taco Del Mar website for an e-mailed coupon for a free tax day taco,
- and I BET that California Tortilla is giving away SOMETHING but, alas, I'm no longer in DC so I don't know.
*Edited at a much later date to add: I took french for 7 years and now am having a panic attack that "fois bois" is incorrect and it should be "faux bois" which seems to make more sense but google is showing both as viable. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know. Merci!