Friday, April 24, 2009

Suzy Homewrecker

My friend brought me a cute little apron (the Minerva) for my birthday* when she visited last weekend and I wore it the other day and my husband said "Ooh I like it, you look just like a little Suzy Homewrecker" I think he meant "Suzy Homemaker" but I think it's funnier this way.

Yesterday was full of general craftiness. First there was the sewing craftiness. I have a simple sewing machine from Sears that I got a couple of years ago and get inspired every once in awhile. I am BY NO MEANS a good "sew-er". But I have fun- and that's what counts in my book.

It all started with me smelling like beef. We're still training our puppy so I've gotten in the habit of carrying a handful of the soft puppy dog treats in my pocket. Now all my pants smell like beef, chicken, salmon or liver. Then Fiona on Burn Notice (on USA Networks) was occasionally wear a magical NON-FUGLY fanny pack and I remembered a cute wallet in Denyse Schmidt's Quilts and it kind of went down like this:
+=
And then I realized that although I kind of like the idea of this hip hugging design that smaller would be better so I started making another smaller one and then something happened with the bobbin or rather the thread from the needle ends up wrapping around whatever encases the bobbin and yeah- no idea how to fix it so the other one is half done.

Second bit of craftiness was that I made Chocolate Caramel Crack(ers) that I saw a couple days ago on Smitten Kitchen and... well... Hi, my name is Kristen and I'm an addict.
(image from Smitten Kitchen- I didn't do as nice a job cutting mine)

Honestly, if you think your job/friendships/etc. are in peril: make some of these, don't tell them where you got the recipe from and believe me, they're going to have to hold on to you. Deb says you can add nuts (I used walnuts on half) BUT as I was considering sprinkling some on my grapefruit this morning I thought "coarsely chopped pretzels would be out of sight on this".

Hopefully it will be as nice for you (where ever you are) as it's forecasted for the Northeast this weekend-- we may see 80 DEGREES! AHHHHSOEXCITED! Go play!

*My birthday is Nov. 1st. I think she's adopted an annual birthday present concept where you get it when you get it and you'll get about one a year. I think it's a fabulous idea present-wise. Cake should always be there to acknowledge the actual day.

No comments: