Monday, March 23, 2009

Morning People

Let it be known that I am NOT a morning person. Or really a night owl. I'm a sleeper. Back in the day I could sleep 12, even 14, hours no problem. I think today my ideal amount of sleep per night is about 9 hours which I was pretty good at getting and... enter the dog.

Bailey does not seem to have the same views as I do on sleep. She doesn't understand the concept of weekends so everyday she wakes up around 6:45 and progressively gets louder and louder until we take her out at 7:30. Also I should mention that she was a VERY shy puppy when we got her and we read that we should keep her in our room to sleep so when wakes up at 6:45-- we know it.

Anyway, standing outside on Saturday morning in the freezing cold waiting for the pup to do her puppy business I started wondering if I'd ever get to sleep in again. Because it starts with the dog and then once you have kids, I'm sure it takes like a decade before they understand the joys of sleeping in, and quickly through my mind flitted "...First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage..."

And I thought, damn, that's a slightly less out there idea for a baby shower invitation than my last one so upstairs I went and:
So the submission deadline was supposed to end last night at midnight but it doesn't look like anything is closed down so maybe a week until voting starts? I'll keep checking and let you know.

Have a great Monday*


*House and 24 are on tonight-- see Monday can be tolerable!

No comments: