Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cake Topper

I'm sad to say that I don't troll Etsy probably as much as I should considering what talented people there are out there. Then again, I can't remember the last time I bought something anywhere- be in store or online or mass produced or handmade (EXCEPT MY NEW COMPUTER!!! YAY!!!!! MORE RAM!!!*). But what I do like to do, every month or so, I see who likes my shop. I know, so self-centered, but I guess like goes to like and I found the coolest little shop-- or rather she found me, which then let me find her... but semantic aside how fun are these:
Naked Peggies (great name as well)
AND these:And it gets better. Here is the description that goes along with the Talladega Nights duo:
SALE!

I was watching Talladega Nights the other night and was inspired to paint these. Shake and Bake!!

If you love Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton Jr. as much as I do you hafta have these! They are 2.5" and proud!

They are each handpainted with non-toxic paints and finished with a non-toxic gloss varnish.

Not intended for those under 3 years old and those who will still eat the occasional raisin off the floor.
She seems like a real person, right? In case you haven't already figure it's out-- I love conversational writing. When people starting writing dissertations and waxing lyrical I can't help but wonder why they're trying so hard. Also I think I watched Talladega Nights the same night she did. It was the weekend of Taco Bell, Talladega Nights, Old School and box wine. Klassy weekend, huh? ;)

AND better (-er)... she's from Boston. Which means if I'm a lucky girl I can go to Grand or SOWA** and hopefully see these darlings in person.***

So, again, Naked Peggies is the name of the store which carries many cool peggies so check it out!

*Sorry, I totally nerded out there.
**AH! If you wait long enough on the SOWA home page there's a rotating series of pictures and one is of John Malkovich (or John Malkovich's evil twin) at SOWA. Why do I never see famous people?
***Also I have no idea if Naked Peggies are sold anywhere but on Etsy but both Grand and SOWA are cool place where if she DOES sell them elsewhere those are places I'll check first.

No comments: