Monday, May 4, 2009

Dum dum da dum

So my searches of all things wedding from around the (english-speaking) world was kind of a bust. There is no foreign Martha Stewart that we just don't know about. The British, Scottish and Irish wedding magazine sites were pretty close to ours but in the sense it had links to vendors but no expansive image galleries.

I did find this though:
PRELUDE
1. Hayden Symphony No. 100 in G Major, South German Philharmonic Orchestra. Conductor, Alexander Von Pitamic
2. Bach Air on the G String, The Hamburg Orchestra. Conductor, Robert Stehli

PROCESSIONAL
1. Wagner Wedding March from Lohengrin, The Hamburg Symphony Orchestra. Conductor, Hans-Jurgen Walther
2. Clake Trumpet Voluntary, Philharmonica Slavonica. Conductor, Alfred Scholz
3.Handel Music for the Royal Fireworks, The Munich Symphony Orcestra. Conductor, Albert Lizzio

SIGNING THE REGISTER
1. Shubert Ave Maria, City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Conductor, James Fitzpatrick. Soprano, Charlotte Kinder
2. Pachelbel Canon in D, City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Conductor, James Fitzpatrick

RECESSIONAL
1. Mendelssohn Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's Dream, Philharmonica Slavonica. Conductor, Alberto Lizzio
2. Handel Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Salzburg Chamber Soloists
3. Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 4, Philharmonica Slavonica. Conductor, Henry Adolph
I'm not sure if they have this on the US version of Brides but to have samples of those to listen to those before would have been VERY helpful. For my wedding, the organist played samples for my Mom and I and we were like "umm, the first one I think".

I still don't know what we used. All I know is that I walked down the aisle to the same thing as Princess Di. That's how I was sold on that from the organist. Princess music? Yes, please.



No comments: