Friday, February 13, 2009

BIRTHDAY INVITES AT MINTED!

UH-DOOOY I can't believe I forgot to write all about this before! My birthday card design from Minted was an editor's pick! Just a reminder- here is what it looks like:
I also created a second colorway choice, a thank you card and a mailing label for the series for them so I'll make sure to let you know when they're available to for purchase!

The contest was:
"Kids' birthdays come around every year and parents seek to find invites that are void of clichés and aren’t too cutesy. We asked designers to create playful, fun and modern birthday party invitations."


I chose to use Alex as my inspiration who was looking for a party that they were thinking would be centered around clowns, music or art. Here was the description I included along with it:
I think the intersection of clowns (circus), musicians and art is probably Hatch Show Print so I created an energetic Hatch inspired bday invite that rocks ages 1-101.


Since 5 year olds will usually tell you their age quite precisely I thought counting it in seconds would be a cool way to explain how old you're turning. Also once you hit the questionable years... the ones I'm entering... where all of a sudden big numbers are looming-- though I don't care- 30 ain't gonna kill me!-- some people might feel more comfortable obscuring the info just a teensie bit. :)

Hope you enjoy-- again-- I'll let you know when they're debuted!
AVAILABLE NOW: Click here to see Every Second Counts at Minted.com

No comments: