Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The English Department



While trying to knock down my google reader to under 1000 posts I came across The English Department via Housemartin (who is also: Ink and Peat and should be your go-to for any flower inspiration needs). As you can probably guess- I love the name. Love the cute dress in the window (and the green one on the wall, I suspect, although I can't see it very well). The font used in the name. The yellow on the website. Love it all.

The main website has general store information but the blog by the owner of the store/dress designer Elizabeth Dye has many lovely lovely pictures so don't forget to check that out as well.

And as if you needed more to get you excited-- they're having a bridal show on Feb. 2! From what I've seen of her dresses I'm guessing it would be kind of like Anthropologie putting on a bridal show. Now I know some of you fainted at the mere thought there- so dust yourself off. Take a moment. And google map directions to Portland.

No comments: